These Blue Cheese and Walnut Stuffed Pears are easy, healthy, delicious, and not to mention how gorgeous they are! This tasty dish will be a showstopper at your next gathering!
These stuffed pears went viral!
Over 1.6 million people saw these blue cheese and walnut stuffed pears on my Instagram account, and let me just tell you, they went over VERY well. It’s by far my most made recipe to date. I get compliment after compliment on these bad boys, so you know they are good! Give them a shot for your next party and let me know how they go over!
Tips for making these Stuffed Pears
I like to use a large cast iron skillet like this one to place them all in and bake, but you can definitely use a baking sheet as well.
Don’t forget to slice off a small piece on the back of the pears to insure they sit flat and don’t spill out while baking.
If you don’t have blue cheese, or don’t like blue cheese, substitute it for goat cheese! It tastes just as amazing.
They will last up to a week, but you will want to serve them immediately since they can get pretty mushy by the end of that week (still delicious though).
Check out the video below!
In this video I’ll show you step by step how to make these Blue Cheese and Walnut Stuffed Pears!
More Delicious Party Food!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love for you to let me know! Tag me on IG #sunnywithshadows or leave a comment below. Can’t wait to see!
Blue Cheese and Walnut Stuffed Pears
- 1 cast iron skillet or baking sheet
- 4 Bosc Pears * see notes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Slice all pears in half, then scoop out the core/seeds (I use a metal tablespoon for this). On the back of each pear, slice off a small piece so the pear will sit flat. Place all the pears in a large oven safe skillet or baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together blue cheese, walnuts & rosemary. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together apple cider vinegar, melted butter, sugar, salt & pepper. Spoon this mixture over pears, saving a small amount to brush on right before baking.
- Fill each pear center with 1 heaping tablespoon of the blue cheese mixture. Brush the remaining mixture on the exposed pears.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. **see notes