This Easy Chicken Meatball Marinara is my go to weeknight meal. Not only is it easy but it’s so delicious everyone in my house loves it, including my 2 year old!
Wednesday Night Dinner
We have this every single Wednesday night, and I know what you’re thinking, it can’t be that good. Hear me out. It is THAT good, and it is THAT easy. Why Wednesday you ask? Well my husband works from home most of the week, except Wednesdays. He goes to the office from 8:30am-5pm getting him home somewhere around 5:45pm. That leaves me with the 2 year old all day long, which I actually love, but by 5pm he’s sick of me. I am boring old news and he’s ready for daddy to come home. This makes it tough for me to get dinner started because he starts messing with things he shouldn’t and get’s really, really whiney. The 5 minutes it takes me to make this Easy Chicken Meatball Marinara is all I need then it’s back to playing with the kiddo until daddy gets home! I serve it with rice that I pop in the pressure cooker (the only way you need to ever make rice trust me) and some roasted broccoli which seriously makes this whole meal about 5-10 minutes hands on time max!
Tips for making Easy Chicken Meatball Marinara
I like to use a large cast iron skillet, about 11″, like this one from Staub!
My all time favorite marinara sauce comes from Rao’s. I am partial to the roasted garlic, but you can use literally ANY marinara sauce you want. It works the same with any brand, any flavor!
Serve these meatballs and sauce on top of rice or pasta! I cook my rice in the pressure cooker which makes this meal almost TOO easy, but there’s no such thing right?
Sometimes I like to add goat cheese to the top if I’m out of mozzarella or just want to mix it up. It’s absolutely delicious!
Use the leftovers to make meatball subs!
Check out the video below!
What to serve with this Easy Chicken Meatball Marinara?
Easy Chicken Meatball Marinara
- •16 oz ground chicken
- •1 large egg
- •1/2 cup bread crumbs
- •1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- •3 tbsp milk can sub oat milk that’s what I use
- •1 tsp garlic powder
- •1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- •1 tsp Italian seasoning
- •1/2 tsp onion powder
- •1/2 tsp salt
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large oven proof skillet pour marinara to evenly coat pan and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients except the shredded mozzarella in a large bowl until well combined (I don’t even use gloves, let’s see how many people freak out about it). Form between 12-15 meatballs, depending on the size you prefer, and place directly on top of the layer of sauce in your ovenproof pan.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes (or until the meatballs reach 165F). Remove from oven and sprinkle your shredded mozzarella cheese all over the top. Place back in the oven for 3 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Let cool for 5-10 minutes because they will be extremely hot, and then serve on top of pasta or rice!
- My all time favorite marinara sauce comes from Rao’s. I am partial to the roasted garlic, but you can use literally ANY marinara sauce you want. It works the same with any brand, any flavor!
- Serve these meatballs and sauce on top of rice or pasta! I cook my rice in the pressure cooker which makes this meal almost TOO easy, but there’s no such thing right?
- Use the leftovers to make meatball subs!