This Elevated Store Bought Stuffing is not only delicious but the easy dish you need on the menu this Thanksgiving! It utilizes package stuffing for a HUGE time saver, and adds huge bursts of flavor that everyone will love.
Work smarter, not harder!
Work smarter, not harder has always been my motto. I try to apply this whenever I can in life, seriously. Sometimes taking short cuts isn’t a bad thing, and they can actually make things better! When it comes to this Elevated Store Bought Stuffing we are only taking a short cut with the most basic aspect of this recipe, in my opinion. I personally love store bought stuffing, but always feel like it’s lacking, ESPECIALLY for Thanksgiving. It’s such an overwhelming holiday, if you’re the cook, so why not take a couple short cuts where it won’t reaaaaally matter. Store bought stuffing takes the hard part out of this dish, and bacon, shallots, mushrooms, walnuts, raisins and a smidge of miso butter puts the flavor in!
Tips for making Elevated Store Bought Stuffing
I used this Herb Stuffing Bag from Sprouts! You can use literally any boxed or bagged stuffing you want, they will all work for this recipe.
I like to elevate this dish even more by stuffing it into the hollowed out part of a butternut or honeynut squash! Just split the squash in half, scoop the seeds out, brush with oil or melted butter, sprinkle with salt and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Once they are tender, you can scoop some stuffing into the caverns and bake for another 5 minutes until heated through.
You can make this in advance! Make the day before, cover and place in the fridge in a baking dish. Heat at 350°F for 10 minutes or until heated through before serving!
Looking for miso paste? THIS is the one I use!!
Video on how to make Elevated Store Bought Stuffing below!
What else is on the Thanksgiving menu??
- Miso Maple Roasted Carrots
- Walnut Pumpkin Bread
- Cheddar and Green Onion Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- Roasted Corn Ribs
Elevated Store Bought Stuffing
- 1 package stuffing (plus whatever you need to make it ex. butter + veggie stock)
- 6 strips thick cut bacon chopped
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound Baby Bella mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat. Once bacon is done remove it from the pan leaving the grease. Add shallots and cook down about 5-8 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and let cook down for around 5-10 minutes. Add salt, miso and butter and stir to combine.
- While mushrooms are cooking down make your stuffing according to package directions.
- Stir your walnuts, cranberries and bacon into the mushroom mix until well combined and heated throughout. Add your stuffing and combine well, salt to taste. Remove from heat and transfer to a baking dish. Serve immediately!
- You can make this in advance! Make the day before, cover and place in the fridge in a baking dish. Heat at 350°F for 10 minutes or until heated through before serving!
- Looking for miso paste? THIS is the one I use!!