I’ve partnered with Hamilton Beach to bring you the easiest homemade pasta you’ll ever make! This Spinach Fettuccine with Burrata and Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce quickly comes together and is so beautifully delicious, it is sure to impress.
This post has been sponsored by Hamilton Beach
Homemade Pasta in 15 minutes
Yes, you read that right. The Hamilton Beach Electric Pasta Maker seriously makes pasta from scratch in under 15 minutes. You’re probably thinking it’s not as good as hand kneaded dough that takes hours to make, but I’m here to tell you that it is! It really really is. I almost didn’t believe it myself, until I did it three times in one week. Every single time it was just as delicious as any pasta I’ve ever painstakingly hand-kneaded for 30 minutes and then let rest for another hour after that. You literally don’t even have to rest OR dry pasta made with this Hamilton Beach Electric Pasta Maker, it is good to go straight out of the machine! Not to mention it makes it SO easy to customize your pasta with different flavors and colors, like I did with this delicious spinach fettuccine. It’s by far the most beautiful pasta I’ve ever made, and honestly that alone almost makes this machine worth it to me.
Tips for making this Spinach Fettuccine with Burrata and Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce
• To make the pasta green I juiced about 4 cups of fresh spinach, but if you don’t have a juicer that’s fine! You can steam the spinach in the microwave. Put it in a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of water. Cover and cook until it’s wilted, around 2 minutes. Then place it into a blender with another 2 tbsp of water and blend. Strain the pulp out and you have spinach juice!
• I used half all purpose flour and half semolina flour, but you can use just all purpose or just semolina if you only have one or the other. Just make sure you follow the visuals in your Hamilton Beach guide book to make sure you have the right consistency of dough! You may need to add more or less liquid, but the over all recipe will be generally the same.
• If you can’t find burrata you can replace it with fresh mozzarella and it tastes just as good.
• You know when your pasta is done because it will float to the top.
Watch the video below!
In this video I will show you how to assemble and use the Hamilton Beach Electric Pasta Maker, as well as make this delicious Spinach Fettuccine with Burrata and Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce!
What’s for dessert, you ask?
Why don’t you try one of my other recipes!
I’d love to know if you make this recipe! Tag @sunnywithshadows on Instagram or leave a comment below!
Spinach Fettuccine with Burrata and Burst Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 1 Hamilton Beach Pasta Maker
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 medium baking sheet *optional
For the fettuccine
- 200 g semolina flour
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 50-75 ml spinach juice freshly juiced
For the sauce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5-7 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
For the topping
- 8 oz burrata
- 3 vines of cherry tomatoes roasted *see notes
- wild violets optional
Make the fettuccine
- Select the fettuccine attachment and screw on head. Plug in your Hamilton Beach Pasta Maker. Press the ZERO TARE button, then add in your flours. It will show you how much you are adding, so stop once it shows 400g.
- Get your liquid ready by cracking the 2 eggs into the measuring cup with the spout. Then add your spinach juice and mix. Place the top on, press the PASTA button, and add the liquid slowly through the opening on the top.
- It will count down the time it is mixing, then it will rest, and then it will start extruding the pasta on its own. While it's coming out, sprinkle semolina flour on the noodles to keep them from sticking. Cut them at the length you want and place on a floured baking sheet. Once they are all out your pasta is done and ready to cook.
- You will want to cook it right away, or in the next 20 minutes or so, so have a big pot of water boiling already and cook for a couple of minutes or until the pasta floats! Drain, sprinkle a little olive oil on the noodles to keep them from sticking and set aside to add into sauce.
Make the sauce
- First, if you are using vine roasted tomatoes get them in the oven! You will also need the oven at 400°F for melting the burrata at the end. *see notes
- Heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat in a large oven proof pan until garlic becomes fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Pour in your 2 cups cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt + pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes burst and juices start coming out.
- Add drained noodles, stirring to completely coat in sauce. Break burrata over the top of the noodles, place roasted vine tomatoes if using, and then put the pan into the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the burrata has melted. Sprinkle with edible flowers if using and enjoy immediately!