This dip is the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, creamy and refreshing! Spicy jalapeños candied in maple syrup, avocado, tomatoes and cotija cheese all come together to make this irresistible and super easy to make veggie dip!
The Best Ever Summer Dip with Candied Jalapeños!
Y’all, this dip is going to change your life. I originally started making it as a late night snack, weird right? Well, that should tell you how easy this is! It’s seriously so easy, you just toss a couple ingredients in a bowl and you’re basically done. This is sure to impress at any summer gathering, and you’ll have a hard time not eating the whole thing yourself!
How to make Maple Candied Jalapeños!
- 1/2 lb jalapeños (about 5)
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
First, you’re going to want to slice your jalapeños in about 1/4 inch slices. I used a mandolin but you can easily use a knife, just be careful of the seeds and wear gloves! Next, in a small saucepan mix the rice vinegar, water, maple syrup, coconut sugar and salt and bring to a boil. Let this boil for about 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves all the way. Add the jalapeños and let boil for another 5-6 minutes. Remove the jalapeños and place in an air tight container, like a glass canning jar. Continue to boil the liquid in the saucepan for another 8 minutes or so, letting it reduce down by about half. Pour this liquid on top of the jalapeños and keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks!
Watch the video on how to make this Summer Dip with Candied Jalapeños!
Tips on how to make this delicious dip
Choosing the right avocados is of course key. I always like to feel mine all over and if they are slightly soft to the touch, they are probably good to go. You don’t want them to be TOO soft, or they will likely be overly ripe and brown inside. You can also pop off the little top where it was attached to the tree and if it is green underneath you are in business!
I use cherry tomatoes because I think they are just sweeter in general which I like. You can use any kind of tomatoes for this recipe though!
The cotija cheese isn’t absolutely necessary, say if you are lactose intolerant, but it is definitely key. You will still have a delicious dip without it because let’s face it avocados tomatoes and candied jalapeños are still delicious, but the cotija takes it over the top with that salty POP!
I looooove to eat this dip with Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips. They are legit the best!
What else is on the menu?
Summer Dip with Candied Jalapeños
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes sliced in half or quarters
- 1/3 cup candied jalapeños with syrup
- 1 half lime
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper fresh cracked
- In a large bowl, place the avocado, tomatoes, . Squeeze your half lime over them, it will be around t 1 tbsp of juice. Quickly mix this up and then add in your cotija cheese, salt and pepper. Mix everything until it's well incorporated and serve with chips!
- I use cherry tomatoes because I think they are just sweeter in general which I like. You can use any kind of tomatoes for this recipe though!
- The cotija cheese isn’t absolutely necessary, say if you are lactose intolerant, but it is definitely key. You will still have a delicious dip without it because let’s face it avocados tomatoes and candied jalapeños are still delicious, but the cotija takes it over the top with that salty POP!