This Spooky Sweet Potato Smoothie is a deliciously creamy and healthy breakfast or dessert smoothie! It comes with an adorable printable that is perfect for a fun Halloween DIY project for the whole family.
Why I love this smoothie
This sweet potato smoothie tastes EXACTLY like pumpkin pie. It’s also insanely simple to make. Just throw all the ingredients into a blender and bam, you’re done.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Sweet Potato
- Almond Butter
- Almond Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Greek Yogurt
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
Simple smoothie prep tips
I use steamed sweet potatoes for this recipe, which you can make in about 6 minutes with an Instant Pot. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can easily just pop a couple sweet potatoes in the oven and bake them.
For the Instant Pot method, you will want to peel and dice the sweet potatoes. If baking, use the meaty middle bit. Once your sweet potatoes are nice and tender, put them in a large Ziplock bag and store them in the freezer.
I like to make extra sweet potatoes, so I can have some ready to make this recipe even quicker.
How to make this Sweet Potato Smoothie
Once you have your sweet potatoes prepped, there are only a couple of moves left:
- Measure out 2 cups of your diced, steamed, and frozen sweet potatoes.
- Next you will measure out about a cup of banana (which I also freeze).
- Add in your milk (I use almond, but you can use whichever you like best), almond butter, yogurt, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth and you’re done!
Fun Halloween DIY jack o lantern face!
I couldn’t resist the opportunity to make these sweet potato smoothies even better, by adding a little Halloween fun! Using sticker paper, I printed and cut out these cute jack o lantern faces to add a little spookiness to these already perfectly pumpkin colored smoothies!
Get your free printable here!
How to make pumpkin pie spice
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can easily make it by combining the following, or using this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Spooky Sweet Potato Smoothies
- 2 cups sweet potato steamed, frozen
- 1 cup banana frozen
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt * see notes
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup ** see notes
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice *** see notes
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth.
So cute and delicious!
Thank you SO much! 🙂
[…] Spooky Sweet Potato Smoothie […]