There is nothing like a rich and decadent sauce to drizzle over, well, everything. This Vegan Caramel Sauce is so incredibly delicious and simple you are going to want to keep a vat of it around for any and every occasion.
the easiest caramel sauce around
For some reason, caramel sauce sounds daunting. It sounds like something you would need to be a professional to make. Well, that’s absolutely not the case. This caramel sauce couldn’t be easier. You literally stir 4 ingredients together, and that’s it.
why i love this caramel sauce
This caramel sauce is not only crazy easy to make, but it’s vegan. It uses coconut cream instead of butter, which adds a really great creaminess to the whole thing. Don’t worry though, the coconut flavor isn’t strong so you won’t feel like you are eating a coconut cream pie.
ingredients you’ll need
- Coconut cream
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
how to make Vegan caramel sauce
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil. The sauce will start to bubble and foam (that’s good.)
- Once it’s boiling, turn down to a simmer. Let simmer and Stir occasionally
coconut cream vs. coconut milk
This recipe uses coconut cream. Coconut milk and cream are both results of simmering the coconut meat in the water. To make coconut milk you simmer one part coconut with one part water. Coconut cream, however, simmers FOUR parts coconut with one part water. As you can imagine, this makes coconut cream WAY thicker and richer.
If you only have coconut milk, check out this method of turning that into coconut cream!
Some other recipes you might like
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- medium sauce pan
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil. Turn to a simmer, for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once it's the thickness you prefer, remove from heat and let cool.